Why A WYSIWYG Website Builder Is a Good Option
Not all designers are coders and not all coders are designers. Don’t let your lack of tech knowledge keep you from having your own website. If you want to promote your work, a professional website is the best way to do it. I don’t remember the last time I showed anyone my printed portfolio. Most people ask for a link to your online portfolio. Why? Because they can get to know much more about you from your online portfolio, than they would from a print portfolio. A WYSIWYG website builder like WIX will enable you to use your design skills, without having to learn code.
It’s a Good Intermediate Option
A WYSIWYG website builder will enable you to build a website immediately, so you don’t have to get up to speed with code before you build it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great for you to learn how to code, but the process should hinder your ability to have a website for your business.
A WYSIWYG Website Builder is great For Visual Designers
If you’re a visual designer, and you need to see how it will actually look, a WYSIWYG website builder is made just for you. You can drag elements and resize them while you work, so it looks exactly like you imagined.
Why WIX is a Great WYSIWYG Website Builder
If you’re going to go with a website builder option, you want to make sure it has all of the bells and whistles you’d expect from a professional level website. You want to make sure that it will be mobile friendly and search engine optimized. You’ll also want to make sure that it is fast-loading, too. Here’s why WIX is a great WYSIWYG website builder:
- You can host your website with them.
- You can have a custom domain name.
- It has a drag and drop editor.
- Wix websites are mobile friendly.
- There are more than 500 templates to choose from.
- You have access to 1 million high resolution stock images.
- Wix has a built in image editor.
- You can have a video background.
- You can create unlimited pages on your website.
- You can implement video and audio.
- You can embed custom html code. (Great for email marketing forms.)
- You can lock pages and create membership sites.
- You can integrate a blog on your site.
Business Level Features
Wix has business in mind. It’s not meant to just be a solution to get by on. It is meant for business owners that want complete control over every aspect of their website and business. Here are a few of the business-level features Wix has to offer.
- Wix has contact form integration.
- It has Google Maps integration.
- Wix has contact management features, with a central hub for all members.
- It has tools to grow your email list.
- It has a new feature: Shoutout Email Marketing
- Collect customer reviews.
- Wix has built in SEO tools.
- Customers can make appointments on your website.
- If you own a hotel, customers can book a room on your site.
- If you own a restaurant, customers can make reservations online.
- Wix has Google Adsense integration.
- Social media integration: Like buttons, sharing, icons & popups.
- You can create your own online store!
- Wix has Shopify integration.
- Add your Esty store!
What Can’t You Do With the Wix WYSIWYG Website Builder?
With all of these features, you have to wonder what you can’t do with it. it certainly has enough built in tools and functionality to get the job done. It’s the perfectly solution if you just want to design a beautiful website, build your website quickly, and you want to build your website without knowing code. Even if you have some knowledge of code and web design, you can integrate custom html code within your website, making it a great solution for getting the job done and focusing on business. What are you waiting for?